Social media is now present on just about every big and medium-size corporate intranet. Though most deployments are minimal, if not pure pilots, and are usually not done with much planning or change management. It’s no surprise then that most executives (senior management) still need to be sold the value of social media on the intranet (intranet 2.0).
The following 6 ‘killer reasons’ for selling social media to executives were highlighted in last week’s webinar, Taking Aim: Strategies for Selling Social Media.
- Sales. Enhance web content, Google search engine rankings and customer ‘buzz’ that lead to sales. The same is true for the intranet, enhance the content and tools, and employees can better sell customers.
- Customer service. Wikis and blogs reduce customer service calls.
- Executives get it. 94% of executives use Web 2.0 technologies to boost internal communications (Building the Web 2.0 Enterprise survey)
- Your competition uses it. 87% of organizations have at least one social media tool on their intranet (Intranet Global Survey); virtually every organization uses it on the Internet.
- New hires expect it. Employees under 40 use social media everyday; they expect that the company they work for also does.
- Everyone is using it. Virtually every single knowledge worker under the age of 65 uses some social media.
See the full slides from the webinar on our the Prescient Digital Media channel on SlideShare, Strategies for Selling Social Media.
View and listen to a complete replay of the webinar, Taking Aim: Strategies for Selling Social Media to Target Audiences in Your Organization.