It takes a highly engaging, collaborative intranet to be a great intranet. DIRECTV has an 80% participation rate on their social intranet that features active bloggers among their executive team, including the CEO, and CMO. In fact, more than a dozen DIRECTV executives blog on the corporate intranet.
DIRECTV is one of the world’s leading providers of digital television entertainment services delivering a premium video experience through state-of-the-art technology to more than 34 million customers in the U.S. and Latin America.
Among the top features and social tools that help bring more than 10,000 employees closer together at DIRECTV are:
- Discussions / forums
- Document creation, uploading, version control, near-simultaneous co-editing
- Ideas, ideation, crowd-sourcing (voting, etc.)
- User status updates
- Action tracking, task assignment
- Videos uploaded, embedded or third-party streaming (e.g. YouTube)
- Events (for purposes of collecting registrations, adding to users’ Outlook calendars)
- Following people, places, contents
- And many more tools
See the full intranet case study during a special live webinar, May 21, 2014 — reserve your spot on the DIRECTV Intranet Case Study webinar.
Continue reading the Great Intranets article series