ThereвЂ™s a lot to learn from the best: what to do, what not to do, and how to do it. So goes the old proverb: You are doing your best only when you are trying to improve what you are doing.
Amongst the very best, elite intranets on the planet were on showcase at the 2011 Intranet Global Forum 2011: IBM, Cisco, Pepsi, Verizon, Tetra Pak, and dozens of others.
Those in attendance saw first-hand the fine qualities exemplified by these award-winning, industry-leading intranets вЂ“ arguably the very best of the best вЂ“ including superior design, structure, information architecture, content, planning, and social media deployment and management.
Some of these leading intranets were showcased in the Day 1 workshop, The Social Intranet Workshop:
Some interesting highlights and statistics from the conference, the inaugural first Intranet Global Forum:
- Sold out and profitable (very unusual for a first time conference)
- 100% attendance (very unusual to not have a few no-shows)
- 8.5 rating out of 10 (high for a first time conference)
- Held at the Masonic Hall, a charitable enterprise of the MasonвЂ™s New York Grand Lodge, which generates $2 million for charities every MONTH
- CiscoвЂ™s social intranet generates millions in value:
- Time to market decreased to 12 months versus 2 to 3 years with an estimated US$89 million increase in net present value (NPV) over five years
- 12% productivity gain daily per EEВ = US$2.9 million savings per year
- Enhanced cross-functional visibility and communication; 6-month release cycle versus 3 years for competitors.
Showcase highlights and more case study examples will be aired and demonstrated in a special, free webinar, on November 29 at Noon EST, The Best Intranets from the Intranet Global Forum. Reserve online for a free spot and learn why the best are the best.